Friday, February 26, 2010

Lobster Bisque




















"Silky and full-flavored, bisques make any meal an elegant celebration.  This easy version uses lobster tails to make preparation a breeze."
















2 T canola oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 T whole wheat flour
3 1/2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cup tomato puree
1/4 cup dry sherry
1/4 t salt
1 pound lobster tails, shells removed and cut into 1" pieces
1 1/4 cups 1% milk
1/4 t hot-pepper sauce
1 t paprika
1 plum tomato, chopped
2 T chopped parsley














Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.  Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes, or until tender.  Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, 
for 3 minutes, or until lightly browned.

Stir in the broth, tomato puree, sherry, and salt and bring to a boil.  Reduce the heat to low, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.  Add the lobster, cover, and simmer for 6 minutes, or until the lobster is opaque.
















Stir in the milk, hot-pepper sauce, and paprika.  Cook over medium heat for 3 minutes, or until heated through.  Stir in the plum tomatoes and parsley.


















Makes 4 servings


My Review

Wow this is amazingly tasty and healthy!  I love lobster, but this was the first time cooking with it.  I put my kitchen sissors to good use with this recipe.  Also, I did not miss the heavy cream used in traditional bisques.  If lobster was a little cheaper, I'd cook this one up more often! 

9 comments:

  1. This looks amazing! I love love lobster just about any way you can make it! This will definitely be something I'm going to try out!

    Heather aka Trippymomma
    http://is-it-naptime-yet.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks so good! I have been graving seafood lately. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My Lobster Bisque made the Foodbuzz Top 9 today! Oh yes it did! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh what a yummy soup recipe! I love lobster! This is something I'd enjoy for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any wonder why? looks so inviting!

    congrats!

    thepenandthepear

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Christina, Sook and Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks appetizing and I bet tastes even better. Well deserved and no wonder it made the Foodbuzz Top 9.

    ReplyDelete